Reynardine Home Jugs Home Contact Us

Bodley & Harrold
E.F. Bodley & Co.

Bodley & Harrold potted at the Scotia Pottery in Burslem and are listed in directories for 1863 and 1864. The firm became Edward Fisher Bodley & Co. who are listed between 1867 and 1880. They then appear to have moved to Longport. Godden gives dates for Bodley & Harrold as 1863-65 but states that the succession dates are unclear. Two jug designs were registered, in 1864 and 1865, but no others have been recorded.

"Boston" (title not confirmed)
Design registered on 28 October 1864, Parcel 4, Number 180453, by Bodley & Harrold of Burslem.
Marks: moulded registration diamond with title above
Illustrations: Henrywood BJ/464
 

Cobden (not titled)
Design registered on 29 June 1865, Parcel 2, Number 187848, by Edward F. Bodley & Co. of Burslem.
Marks: moulded registration diamond with title curving above
Illustrations: Hughes 2/170

The title "Cobden" appears on the Design Registry document.

Credits: Guy Loveday; Clare McCutcheon; Dreweatt-Neate, Newbury